A Global Problem
There is a genuine global need for detecting small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS <20 kg – 55 pounds) in unauthorized areas.
Research has shown that the only effective way to do this is by using a multi-sensor system that is also capable of:
- Tracking, Identifying, Classifying and Deterring unauthorized or hostile sUAS by using kinetic and non-kinetic technology
- Bridging the gap between military, commercial and private operational environments
- Being cost effective and sensitive to concerns of collateral damage within non-hostile areas
Sandia Laboratory 2015 UAS Survey – found that no complete counter UAS system appears to exist. A multiple modality, data fusion system is needed to effectively solve the security and privacy problem
Click here to read the full survey: Sandia Laboratory 2015 UAS Survey
Our Global Solution
XiDrone Systems Inc. technology meets and exceeds the requirements identified by the Sandia Laboratory 2015 survey. Our patented technologies include an integrated, multi-sensor, detection and situationally appropriate countermeasure solution against commercial sUAS.
Our technology consists of:
- A detection element using 360 degree 3D radar and RF technologies to produce rapid and accurate notification of a sUAS operating near sensitive or protected airspace
- A tracking element using 3D radar, RF technology and a Laser Range Finder (LRF) for merging precise realtime and anticipated data for the identification and interdiction elements
- An identification / classification element using EO / IR technology coupled with data from the other elements to generate an identification, threat assessment and a course of action against the sUAS
- An interdiction element using a Fire Control system that ensures precise countermeasures, thus, minimizing any collateral effects when deterring a sUAS. Situationally appropriate countermeasures include non-kinetic RF technology, other non-lethal technology or lethal technology by integrating a kinetic weapon system
- An interdiction process that may be over-ridden by intervention from the system operator or Human in the Loop (HiL)
Our technologies add value by leveraging existing systems with new and important capabilities.